Saturday, October 17, 2009

Excerpts from Chandler Nichols' poetry book...

Halloween Night
I’m just outside my house,
What will I see,
A wiener dog on a grill
Just for me.
Even though I’m having fun,
The wiener dog is in the bun.
Even though I’m by my mother,
I might even scare my little brother.
I’m getting that hot dog, you will see,
That hot dog is no match for me.
I have the hot dog, now I will eat,
That little hot dog filled with meat.
I’m at my house, just at noon,
On Halloween, I’ll see you soon.
 
 
 
Into the Dark on Halloween

Into the dark, where I can’t see
There’s something that might scare me.
I’m in the dark, the floor keeps creeking.
I’m starting to feel like someone’s peeking.
Out the window, behind the front door,
There might be something under the floor.
It may be true, it really might be,
Little creeps after me.
Into the dark on Halloween,
Is the time I don’t want to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment